Writing Truly Compelling Executive Summaries
The executive summary is the most important part of your proposal and the part your client will read in the most detail. Here you need to show your client why they must accept your proposal and not the competition’s.
This workshop is aimed at all proposal professionals and at sales representatives who often have to write executive summaries.
The 5-box structure enables you to give your reader a convincing first impression of your proposal, as it gives them an overview from just the first few paragraphs whilst positively influencing them.
Content: This is what we cover
- Executive summary audience/readers
- Typical errors to avoid
- Executive summary 5-box structure (content and structure)
- Writing and style rules
- Charts and images in the executive summary
- General tips and tricks for successful executive summaries
Our Workshop Design
- 1-day interactive workshop with up to 15 participants
(respectively 3 online sessions of 1-2 hours)
- Short inputs and practical tools
- Creating an executive summary using a recent example
- Specific, structured feedback from the course leader and participants
- Optional: Live deal coaching (see below)
No prior knowledge or experience required
Variations and Options for You
Available variations of this course:
- Compact version in half a day
- Live deal coaching for long-term results:
To ensure the course’s impact will last, we help participants turn what they have learned into concrete proposals with coaching (either live via our online meeting platform (Zoom, Teams, or Alfaview) or in person at your office.
- The Ultimate Bid and Proposal Compendium (special rate for participants):
It is the most comprehensive guide to winning bids, tenders and proposals. It's packed with lots of hands-on examples and best practice guidance to develop winning proposals.
All participants receive a course confirmation.