Risk Management for Proposal Managers
Dealing with opportunities and risks in the right way during the bid process greatly influences your chances of winning an RFP as well as its profit margin. It is therefore key for bid/proposal managers to identify and assess opportunities and risks and develop strategies to reduce risks’ negative financial impact.
This course provides participants with indispensable methods and uses practical examples, so they can recognise risks and opportunities early on in the proposal process and deal with them appropriately. Participants are able to put what they learn into practice quickly with the help of checklists and tools. The course is designed for bid and proposal managers as well as sales representatives.
Content: This is what we cover
- Participants get to know the bid process’ most important risk categories
- Participants learn how to identify opportunities and risks, their meaning in the bid process and their subsequent use in different projects
- Participants practise qualitatively and quantitatively assessing opportunities and risks using tools and methods, in order to systematically understand them
- Participants learn and practise creating risk strategies to reduce risks and their negative financial impact
Our Workshop Design
- 1-day interactive workshop with up to 15 participants
(respectively 3 online sessions of 2-3 hours)
- Short inputs and practical tools
- Exercises and real examples
- Specific, structured feedback from the course leader and participants
- Optional: Live deal coaching (see below)
No prior knowledge or experience required
Variations and Options for You
- Live deal coaching for long-term results:
To ensure the course’s impact will last, we help participants turn what they have learned into concrete proposals with coaching (either live via our online meeting platform (Zoom, Teams, or Alfaview) or in person at your office.
- The Ultimate Bid and Proposal Compendium (special rate for participants):
It is the most comprehensive guide to winning bids, tenders and proposals. It's packed with lots of hands-on examples and best practice guidance to develop winning proposals.
All participants receive a course confirmation.