Storyline Workshop — creating and presenting winning proposals
A successful proposal comes down to having the right proposal strategy and convincing arguments. The ‘message tree’ workshop shows participants how to use a message tree to systematically develop a proposal strategy and a logically structured, understandable storyline. The course focuses on formulating key messages which can be used during your sales pitch, bid and proposal presentation.
The methodology used can be applied to all B2B sales situations. The course is aimed at capture/opportunity managers, proposal managers and all professionals who submit proposals, as well as at any sales representatives.
Content: This is what we cover
- Participants get to know the key factors involved in a successful bid
- Participants develop key messages and a logical, conclusive and convincing storyline with the help of a message tree
- Participants practise working with style guides and formulating proposals using real examples
- Participants apply the basic rules for creating a compelling executive summary and apply the message tree for the proposal presentation. (Standard course only)
Our Workshop Design
- 1-day or 2-day interactive workshop with up to 15 participants
(respectively 3 or 6 online sessions of 2-3 hours)
- Short inputs and practical tools
- Exercises and practical examples
- Specific, structured feedback from the course leader and participants
- Optional: Live deal coaching (see below)
No prior knowledge or experience required
Variations and Options for You
Available variations of this course:
- Storyline workshop for sales/capture teams or SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)
- Storyline workshop for management consultants
- Live deal coaching for long-term results:
To ensure the course’s impact will last, we help participants turn what they have learned into concrete proposals with coaching (either live via our online meeting platform (Zoom, Teams, or Alfaview) or in person at your office.
- The Ultimate Bid and Proposal Compendium (special rate for participants):
It is the most comprehensive guide to winning bids, tenders and proposals. It's packed with lots of hands-on examples and best practice guidance to develop winning proposals.
- APMP Bid and Proposal Writing Micro-Certification:
This course also prepares you to pass the APMP Bid and Proposal Writing Micro-Certification. We can arrange the examination for you, too.
All participants receive a Credly Digital Badge and an individual, verifiable PDF course confirmation.