Technical documents that stand out
Technical documents tend to be dry, complicated and often dull to read. You can do better!
This course demonstrates how to create technical documents that appeal to both technical experts as well as less knowledgeable readers.
We show you how to structure a document, how you choose the right key messages and how to convert the content into an effective and easy to understand document.
The participants use real examples to transform boring, dry texts into convincing documents which are worth reading.
Content: This is what we cover
- Foundation: What makes a document interesting and worth reading?
- Learn about reader needs and the different types of reader
- Lessons from journalists: key messages and document structure.
- Choosing the right language, golden style rules
- Measuring document quality
- In the 2-day version, participants also learn how to convincingly communicate technical elements in a presentation and about the role of images.
Our Workshop Design
- 1-day or 2-day interactive workshop with up to 15 participants
(respectively 3 or 6 online sessions of 2-3 hours)
- Short inputs and practical tools
- Exercises and practical role examples
- Specific, structured feedback from the course leader and participants
No prior knowledge or experience required
Variations and Options for You
Available variations of this course:
- We are happy to modify this course for you to match your priorities.
- Live deal coaching for long-term results:
To ensure the course’s impact will last, we help participants turn what they have learned into concrete proposals with coaching (either live via our online meeting platform (Zoom, Teams, or Alfaview) or in person at your office.
All participants receive a Credly Digital Badge and an individual, verifiable PDF course confirmation.